Have you been searching for an online hub where you can find all of your favorite music from the days when music was really music? If that’s the case, you’ll find PopCultureMadness.com to be the only network you’ll need for finding the great old songs that bring back your most beloved memories.
Finding great music to add to your personal collection is as easy as selecting from the available topics to narrow down your search, such as “The 1977 Music Charts, Top 100 Popular songs from 1977, #1 in the 70s Songs, Top 100 70s Disco Songs, or from categories such as Countdown Songs, Crazy Songs, Feel Good Songs, Longest Songs, Misunderstood Lyrics, and much more.
According to the 1977 Music Charts, the Biggest Artists, Albums and Songs include these 3:
- Starland Vocal band, the Best New Artist Grammy Winner presented in 1977
- Stevie Wonder Grammy for Album of the Year
- This Masquerade by George Benson, Grammy for Record of the Year
New artists in the pop charts for 1977 included: Charlene, Rush, The Ramones, Bonnie Raitt, Genesis, Robert Palmer, Kenny Loggins, Boney M< Grace Jones, REO Speedwagon, Chic, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Jennifer Wames, Leif Garrett, Denise Williams and Maynard Ferguson. 1977’s Top 10 Retro Hits are as follows:
- Jamming by Bob Marley and the Wailers
- Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band by Meco
- How Deep is Your Love by the Bee Gees
- I Like Dreamin’ by Kenny Nolan
- So Into You by the Atlanta Rhythm Section
- Baby Come Back by Player
- Red Hot by Robert Gordon with Link Wray
- Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba
- Heard It In a Love Song by The Marshall Tucker Band
- I’ve Never Been to Me by Charlene
We all know those great ‘one-hit-wonders’ from artists we hoped would go far but only gave us a single song to remember them by. PopCultureMadness.com remembers them too, which is why they provide a list of one-hit-wonder sings and their artists for each year. 1977’s One Hit Wonder Songs included:
- Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti
- Take This Job and Shove It by Johnny Paycheck
- You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone
- Black Betty by Ram Jam
- Don’t Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston
- Angel In Your Arms by Hot
- White Bird by David Laflamme
- Torn Between Two Lovers by Mary MacGregor
- Smoke From a Distant Fire by Sanford/Townsend Band
- Tub Rosa Subway by Klaatu
You’ll love rediscovering all your old favorites from 1977 when you scroll down the lists on PopCultureMadness.com that include 1977’s Funky Top 10 Hit List, 1977’s Pop Dance Top 10 Hit List, 1977’s Disco Top 10 Hit List, 1977’s R&B Soul Top 10 Hit List, Pop Rock, Album Rock, Bubblegum Hits (I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb), and PCM’s own Top 1977 Hit List.
Find all the old songs from 1977 that you love and add them to your personal collection quickly and easily with the resources available from PopCultureMadness. We’re certain you’ll find several of your old favorites you just can’t list without!