What happened in 1922?
Pop Culture Quiz!
22 Trivia Questions for 1922 History
1. What was the Biggest Number One Song of 1922?
April Showers by Al Jolson
2. What was the average household income in 1922?
3. What was the original name for the Eskimo Pie ice cream bar?
4. What was the Bestselling Fiction Book in 1922?
If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson
5. In 1922, what was the average life expectancy in the United States?
Men – 58.4 years, Women – 61.0 years.
6. The League of Nations banned it in 1922 and the United States did not ban it until 1971. What was it?
7. What Washington, D.C. landmark was dedicated on May 30, 1922?
The Lincoln Memorial
8. Who won the 1922 World Series?
In 1922, The New York Giants won, beating the New York Yankees (4 games to 0, 1 tie)
9. On June 14, 1922, what was President Warren G. Harding the first to do?
Warren G. Harding was the first president to have a speech broadcast on the radio.
10. What amphitheater in the Hollywood Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles, California?
The Hollywood Bowl
11. Who won the Stanley Cup in 1922?
In 1922, The Toronto St. Patricks won over the Vancouver Millionaires (3 games to 2)
12. Who was the first General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union?
13. How much did a Pound of Porkchops cost in 1922?
14. How many people lived in the United States in 1922?
The population was an estimated 110,049,000 people.
15. What female celebrity holds the Guinness Book of World Records for the longest television career, over 80 years?
Born in 1922, Betty white started on television in 1939.
16. What California creature became extinct in 1922?
California grizzly bear
17. F. Scott Fitzgerald named what musical era?
The Jazz Age
18. Which celebrity was NOT born in 1922 – Stan Lee, Martin Luther King, Betty White or Judy Garland?
Martin Luther King Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)
19. What was the average price of a 78 RPM record?
20. How much did an average Ford Model T cost in 1922?
21. How much did a gallon of gas cost in 1922?
$0.25 per gallon
22. What vegan and kosher Australian food product was invented by Australian entrepreneur Fred Walker?
Trivia Team Bonus Questions:
1. What did Lord Carnarvon and Howard Carter discover?
King “Tut” Tutankhamen’s tomb.
2. By 1922, Hollywood became the center of film making in the U.S. with how much of American movie production?
3. What Horse won the Kentucky Derby in 1922?
4. What did Ralph Samuelson do on Lake Pepin in Lake City, Minnesota?
He invented water skiing, with rope and a pair of snow skis.
5. Although she only served for one day, what did Rebecca Latimer Felton do on November 21, 1922?
She became the first woman to serve in the U.S. Senate.
6. Who was the Pope in 1922?
Pope Benedict XV, September 3, 1914 – January 22, 1922, and Pope Pius XI, February 6, 1922 – February 10, 1939
7. Why was all telephone service in the U.S. and Canada silenced for one minute on August 4th, 1922?
To mark the funeral of Alexander Graham Bell.
8. Tool Trivia: What type of saw did Raymond De Walt of Bridgeton, New Jersey invent?
The radial arm saw
9. Who was the American Vice-President in 1922?
Calvin Coolidge (March 4, 1921 – August 2, 1923)
10. What was Walt Disney’s first animated short?
Four Musicians of Bremen, in 1922, long before Mickey Mouse or Oswald The Lucky Rabbit.