What happened in 1921?
Fun Facts Quiz!
21 Trivia Questions for 1921 History
1. What silent film, a comedy-drama, written, produced, directed by, and starring Charlie Chaplin was released?
2. What was the Biggest Number One Song of 1921?
(tie) Wabash Blues by Isham Jones OR Wang Wang Blues by Paul Whiteman OR Cherie by Paul Whiteman
3. What paper and ink psychological test was created in 1921?
Rorschach Test (Hermann Rorschach)
4. In 1921, what was the average life expectancy in the United States?
Men – 60.0 years, Women – 61.8 years.
5. What did the Atlantic City Pageant’s Golden Mermaid pageant later come to be called?
The Miss America Pageant
6. What home improvement retail chain opened in North Carolina?
Lowes’s (Lucius Smith Lowe)
7. What was the average household income in 1921?
8. How many people lived in the United States in 1921?
The population was an estimated 108,538,000 people.
9. Who was the top-selling musician or band of the 1920s?
Paul Whiteman and his Orchestra
10. What was the Bestselling Fiction Book in 1921?
Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
11. What silent film made Rudolph Valentino a bonafide movie star?
12. How much did a Gallon of Milk cost in 1921?
13. How much were 5 pounds of flour?
14. Who was President of the United States in 1921?
Woodrow Wilson (March 4, 1913 – March 4, 1921) and Warren G. Harding (March 4, 1921 – August 2, 1923)
15. What miracle discovery was found, to be used as a medication to treat high blood glucose?
16. How much did an average Ford Model T cost in 1921?
17. How much did a gallon of gas cost in 1921?
$0.26 per gallon
18. What company used the slogan: “I’d Walk a Mile for a …”?
19. Who was the only person to become both US President and Chief Justice of the United States?
William Howard Taft
20. What was the first “fast food” hamburger chain, that opened in 1921?
White Castle, in Wichita, Kansas
21. Who won the 1921 World Series?
In 1921, The New York Giants won, beating the New York Yankees (5 games to 3)
Trivia Team Bonus Questions:
1. Who won the Stanley Cup in 1921?
In 1921, The Ottawa Senators won over the Vancouver Millionaires (3 games to 2)
2. What was the highest-grossing movie of 1921?
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
3. What automobile comfort and safety device was invented in 1921?
5. What popular comedic actor retired from acting in disgrace following a scandal?
Roscoe ‘Fatty’ Arbuckle
6. What methodology system was created to manage, analyze and structure a process in 1921?
7. What Horse won the Kentucky Derby in 1921?
8. Who was the first actor to ever to play Jesse James on film?
His own son, Jesse James Jr, in the 1921 film Under the Black Flag.
9. Who was the first “Miss America”?